Webster was named after James Perry Webster, who came to the area in June 1880 from Ohio. The town was platted in 1881 and incorporated as a village in 1885. It was incorporated as a city in 1895 with an estimated population of 500. Today, Webster is home to nearly 2,000 people, the county seat and the hub for several surrounding communities.
Modern medical services facility and hospital Laundromat • Restaurants • Bait shops Outdoor Aquatic Center • Soccer Fields City Parks • Baseball & Softball Complex Nine hole golf course • 24 hour law enforcement Excellent fishing and hunting • Lighted airport Shopping opportunities • Fish cleaning station Bowling alley • Two museums • Movie theatre Grocery store • Bed & Breakfasts • Churches Three motels • Excellent school system, Antique shoops • Free and paid campgrounds, museums
Webster School District
102 9th St.
Elementary: (605) 345-4652
High School: (605) 345-4653